Ten on Tuesday
1. What do you traditionally do for 4th of July?
Sadly, I don’t really have any July 4th traditions. It all depends what day of the week the 4th falls on, I guess. I use to watch fireworks up in NH. When I was in Boston, the 4th always fell in the middle of the week and I either had to work the next day (I know, I’m boring) or was studying for the bar or something. Last year, I watched the Macy’s fireworks from a friend’s rooftop patio in Jersey City. This year I watched them on TV since I had to work today.
2. Did you follow your tradition this year? How did you celebrate yesterday?
I guess I kinda answered this above? I don’t really have a tradition… But yesterday was celebrated at home via TV.
3. What’s the best fireworks show you’ve ever seen?
This might sound kinda harsh, but I feel like (for the most part), if you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all. Some shows are bigger than others but generally speaking, fireworks are fireworks.
4. Have you ever been injured by a firecracker?
Nope. My nickname the summer before law school was “Safety”. No joke. So obviously I stay away from fireworks. Leave that to the pros.
5. Burger, Brat, or Hot Dog?
Depends on my mood. Usually hot dog, as long as it’s not the type with casing. I don’t usually go for red meat but sometimes a burger is necessary. Especially if it’s a Juicy Lucy!
6. Do you sport red, white and blue on our Independence Day?
If I have plans, it’s likely I’ll be wear red, white and/or blue in some way.
7. If you had to be from any country other than the USA, what country would it be?
Not sure. I’ve never really thought about it?
8. Charcoal or gas?
I’m not the grill-er in our house so I don’t care 😉 Although gas is quicker.
9. What’s your favorite thing about this fair country of ours?
Everything. We’re so diverse – it’s truly a mix of everything here: city, country, urban, farm-life.
10. God Bless the USA, My Country Tis of Thee, or the Star Spangled Banner?
Okay, little confession to make… Back in chorus in elementary school, we were often allowed to make requests for songs to sing. Well, just call me Betsy Ross because I had a thing for any and all patriotic songs. You name it, I requested it. I think one fav was “This Land is Your Land”. I’m such a dork, LOL. But, out of the above, I think I’m going to go with “My Country Tis of Thee”
Annnd, I’m thinking I might upload some honeymoon pictures one of these days… Seeing as that’s basically the last thing I blogged about!