Ten on Tuesday
1. Do you do laundry all at the same time or a load here and there?
Usually all at the same time – on the weekends. Sometimes I’ll throw an easy load in during the weekend – like towels/sheets in the morning or at night so I don’t have to worry about taking them out of the dryer right away when they’re done.
2. What kind of detergent do you use?
Method from Target – “Fresh Air” scent. The fact that it’s environmentally friendly is an added plus. But truthfully, I buy it because it’s concentrated and thus small. A “large” container lasts for approximately 50 loads. It’s not as cheap as some other concentrated brands but the fact that the container is TONS smaller is a selling point for me!
3. Do you use fabric softener?
I use to. And then somewhere along the line I stopped. I think it just got to be too annoying of a non-essential step? I try to use it with sheets/towels though. If I remember.
4. Do you use dryer sheets?
Yes, usually. I’ll often throw one in for the first load and then reuse it for the next load or two after.
5. Do you iron your own clothes or take them to a cleaner to get pressed?
Depends on the item. Cleaner = J’s work shirts, my suits/blazers, dresses. Iron = most work pants, my work shirts.
6. Do you like heavy starch or light starch?
Light? Honestly, I don’t know the difference. I just go with whatever, LOL.
7. Do you wash all your laundry at once or separate it?
Separate it. For sure.
8. How do you separate it? By people or by colors?
By colors – whites, darks, lights, reds, towels. Sometimes they get combined if there’s not enough for a load.
9. What clothes get hung up and what goes in drawers?
Almost all work clothes are hung – dresses, dress pants, shirts, most sweaters. Drawers – t-shirts, tanks, gym shorts, sweatpants. Shelf in closet – sweatshirts, jeans, summer clothes (some skirts, shorts, some capris).
10. Do you use plastic, wire, or wooden hangers? Do they all match?
Plastic hangers. Unless something came from the dry cleaners then it’s usually left on the wire hanger. Most of them match. They all did for a while and then over time some random hangers made it into the mix.
I must admit, I hate doing laundry. I hate ironing. It’s my least favorite chore BY FAR. I can’t wait to be able to send my laundry out – not just dry cleaning, all my laundry!