For my bridal shower last year, my aunt out in Wisconsin made me this awesome recipe scrapbook! There are so many good recipes in it, I love it.
See? How awesome is this?:
On the left page is a recipe for “Packers Dip” since they’re big Packers fans. It’s like a taco type dip – I’ve made it a bunch of times, it’s so good!
Another recipe I’m made more than once now is “Beer Bread”. It’s super easy too. You need very few ingredients which makes me love it even more. Today I wanted to try something a little different so Google searching I went. I found this recipe for “Cheddar Beer Bread” on The Lush Chef (she makes all sorts of dishes using alcohol!) which was very similar to my aunt’s recipe.
Here’s the prize winning bread (sorry, I’m not a pro at food pictures!):
Beer Bread – from my aunt:
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 10 oz. beer
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Mix all ingredients together, batter will be lumpy. Put into greased bread loaf pan.
– Bake for 30 minutes. (Note: I had to cook mine longer – for almost 45 minutes?)
Cheddar Beer Bread – from “The Lush Chef:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bottle (12 oz) room temperature beer (Mine wasn’t room temperature and it was fine)
- 1/4 cup melted, unsalted butter (I used half this amount)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese