Ten on Tuesday
Such appropriate questions as of lately… So be warned, there’s some “womp womp”-ness going on in these answers.
1. What do you do for a living?
As my former co-worker put so profoundly the other night, “I’m a boring attorney”.
2. What’s your favorite thing about your job?
Some Most days, I honestly don’t know… (You were warned about the “womp womp” part of this…) I wanted to be a criminal defense attorney for the longest time. I don’t know if I’d still like/want to or if it’s just something I gave up on. I don’t know if doing criminal law would mean I’d have a “favorite” thing about my job.
3. What’s your least favorite thing about your job?
Sadly, there are a lot of “least favorite” things – the salary in the beginning (for most), the long hours, the billable requirement. A lot of things suck.
4. If you weren’t a ____________, what would you be?
Hands down, a pharmacist. J thinks I missed my calling. Unfortunately it’s too late to redo it all now.
5. What is something that you would love to get paid for that you think no one would ever pay you for?
6. If you could have any job for exactly one day, what would it be?
Anything else? No really, I don’t know…
7. If you had to do manual labor, what would you do?
Is babysitting considered manual labor? If so, I’d do that.
8. What is something you were forced to learn in high school that was supposed to be super important, but you never actually use?
Probably anything math/science related. But that’s likely only because I went into a profession where neither is really needed. But they’re definitely important in other professions.
9. Who was your favorite boss? Why?
Any that didn’t make me cry? I wish I could say I was kidding but I’m not.
10. Where would you rather work: Dunder Mifflin Paper Company (The Office), Wernham Hogg Paper Company (The Office, UK), or Initech (Office Space)?
I only saw Office Space once – a long time ago. I’ve never watched either version of The Office. So can’t really answer this one…
Well wasn’t this a positive post, LOL.