Ten on Tuesday – I cannot get the formatting of this post right. I’ve tried a million different times to space it out evenly but it just isn’t happening. So I’m throwing the towel in.
Hosted by Chelsea, questions for this week were provided by Melissa at I’m Living in a Dream:
1. What is your dream vacation?
I don’t know, I’ve never really thought about it? There are SO many places I haven’t been that I want to see so in a way everything is a dream vacation!
2. What has been your favorite trip so far in your life?
Hands down, our honeymoon! We spent a glorious two weeks in Koh Samui, Thailand and Hong Kong. Despite the fact that it was our honeymoon, I don’t know when (or if!) I’ll ever be able to take 2 weeks off from work again. And who knows when I’ll be able to get to the Pacific either!
3. If you and one of your best friends could go anywhere in the world for one week, where would it be and why?
See #1 – J is my best friend (cue cheesiness) so any time I can get a week away from work with him, I’ll take it! Martha’s Vineyard is our special place so I’d love to have a week there together.
4. Have you ever booked a trip using an online deal? How did it go?
I have. J and my first vacation was about 6 months into dating. We went to Paradise Island, Bahamas and booked the trip through CheapCaribbean.com. I had better luck with the site back then… They have awesome deals but usually you find the perfect place and flight times suck or vice versa. We’re going through that right now for a Thanksgiving trip we’re looking to book.
5. What’s your favorite thing to do while you’re on vacation?
I like a mix of sight seeing and relaxing! Give me a beach day, give me a day walking around – anything out of the office and I love it
6. Have you ever missed an opportunity to take a trip that you regret?
I don’t know if this counts as a trip but I regret not studying abroad in Spain during college. Of all things/reasons, I didn’t want to leave my boyfriend at the time (who was long distance anyways) which is such a dumb reason and I kick myself now for it.
7. You travel far away from home and get stranded with no way to buy anything, what’s the one thing you can’t live without?
Chapstick! No hesitancy whatsoever. I cannot live without it. I have a stick on me at ALL times. If I don’t, I will go out and buy one. And that rarely happens. What’s interesting (at least to me), is that I’m not one of those people who has a stick for every room. I use just one and carry it everywhere – to work, to the gym, to the kitchen/living room, next to my bed, the bathroom. If I’m there, my chapstick is there. It’s not a healthy addiction!Well, I guess it could always be worse?
8. What’s one of your favorite traveling memories?
Hmm. Aside from my honeymoon, probably my first vacation away with J. It was also one of my first “big girl” vacations on my own and we had such an awesome time.
9. All included resort or backpacking? Why?
All included resort. Unless it’s glamping
. I’m just not a pee in the woods, sleep on the ground, no showering type of girl. Sorry, can’t pretend I am!
10. Are you more of a lie on the beach kind of person on vacation, or do you prefer to see the sights?
See #5 – I’m a mix. I like to do a bit of both. Although J and I have been known to CRAM our vacations with anything and everything possible to do. Sometimes we have to remember to include some relaxing time.